Most cell phone owners receive incoming restricted calls, sometimes to the point of harassment. Whether you have an iPhone or Android smartphone, there are ways to prevent them from calling you in the future. Below, we describe what restricted calls are and how to block restricted calls on Android and iPhone.
What Is A Restricted Call?
A restricted call is when someone who doesn’t want to be traced calls another person. These type of calls will often appear on a cell phone as “Restricted” when the call is incoming. It’s typically difficult to find out the actual number of the restricted call, but likely, you’ll just want to block the number.
How To Block A Number On iPhone
There are multiple methods of how to block a number on iPhone devices. Before following the steps below, make sure your iPhone is updated.
Option 1: Via Your Call History
- Step 1: Go to your Phone icon/app.
- Step 2: Click on the blue 🛈 symbol next to the restricted call.
- Step 3: Choose Block this caller to block the specific restricted call.
Option 2: Use Do Not Disturb
- Step 1: Go to Settings → Do Not Disturb.
- Step 2: Scroll down to Allow Call From and click on that.
- Step 3: Choose who you want to accept calls from, such as your Favorites or All Contacts.
- Step 4: On the Do Not Disturb page, make sure your other settings are set the way you want them.
- Step 5: Turn on the Do Not Disturb button at the top of the page.
How To Block A Number On Android
- Step 1: Go to your Phone icon.
- Step 2: Click on the restricted call and then the 🛈 symbol (may also say Details).
- Step 3: Choose Block Number at the bottom of your screen.
Call Blocking Apps You Can Use
Now that you know how to block restricted calls on iPhone and Android, we wanted to inform you about third-party apps you can use to block a number.
This is one of the most popular iPhone and Android block caller ID apps today. With this app, you can see who just called you, and block spam and restricted calls. It’s very simple to use and has over 10 million downloads to date.
Calls Blacklist is only available on Android devices. However, the app makes it really easy to block calls and SMS messages. While in the app, you can easily retrieve the restricted call(s) from your call log.
Just like Calls Blacklist, this application can only be used on Android devices and has similar capabilities. It can retrieve the restricted call number from your call log and add it to your block calls list. On Google Play, it currently has more than 1 million downloads.
Well, that’s how to block restricted calls on any smartphone! If you want to learn more about whom a phone number belongs to, you can do a reverse phone number lookup online.