Technology has indeed come a long way. The advancements in automotive technology and communications technology can merge to create a more convenient and relaxing drive. For instance, you no longer have to solely rely on the car stereo for entertainment while driving. Also, you can take calls or accomplish other tasks through your phone and still be able to drive and arrive safely to your destination. Just connect your iPhone to the car or sync the iPhone to the car’s Bluetooth and you’re good to go.
Connecting your iPhone to a car works in the same way as pairing your iPhone to any other device. Take note though, most cars disable pairing when in motion. Hence, you might want to connect an iPhone to car Bluetooth or pair your iPhone before beginning to drive. The process to pair an iPhone with a car may vary depending on the vehicle and its infotainment system, although the premise is much the same. So, if you’re one of the many iOS device users wondering how to connect my iPhone to my car or how to play music from phone to car USB, read on to learn more.
How To Connect An iPhone To Your Car
Have you ever asked:
- How do I pair my iPhone to my car?
- How to connect an iPhone to car Bluetooth?
- How to hook up an iPhone to a car stereo?
- How to play music from an iPhone in a car?
It is certainly convenient to connect an iPhone to a car. This is especially so when one has to take care of tasks while driving to school or work, or when they’re going on a long drive. Whether you’re looking for how to connect an iPhone to a car’s Bluetooth or simply wish to play music on an iPhone through the radio, let us assure you that the process is simple. to connect an iPhone to car Bluetooth or pair your iPhone to a car is actually simpler than it seems. Connect an iPhone to car speakers, connect an iPhone to car Bluetooth, or pair your iPhone to a car with no worries.
In fact, there are three main ways to easily connect your iPhone to a car – via CarPlay, Bluetooth, and USB playback. Here’s how.
How To Connect Using CarPlay
Having an iPhone in-hand while driving is a big no-no and in the United States, it’s against the law. Here’s where CarPlay comes into play. So what is CarPlay? Well, it’s a smart and safe way to use your iPhone while driving. It allows one to make calls, send and open received messages, listen to music, get directions, and more while remaining focused on the road.
The CarPlay dashboard for iOS 13 and later provides a single place to keep track of Maps, audio controls, and Siri Suggestions. The dashboard can also be used to control HomeKit accessories like door openers. Before proceeding to pair an iPhone, be sure to check whether your country or region supports CarPlay. Also, check whether the car supports CarPlay.
Here’s how to pair an iPhone and how to use Apple CarPlay.
- Start the car.
- Pair an iPhone/connect your iPhone to the car.
- Plug your iPhone into the USB port in the car if it supports CarPlay with a USB cable. The USB port might be labeled with a smartphone or CarPlay icon.
- If wireless CarPlay is supported, press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel. Check if your stereo is in wireless or Bluetooth mode. On your iPhone, go to Settings → General → CarPlay; next, tap Available cars and select your car.
While cars supported by CarPlay have built-in controls, you can also utilize Siri to control CarPlay. There are two ways to use Siri to control CarPlay.
- Press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel. Then proceed to ask Siri to answer a question or carry out a task.
- Touch and hold the CarPlay Dashboard or Home button on your touchscreen, and proceed to ask Siri to answer a question or carry out a task
The display in the car will show the available apps on your iPhone when utilizing CarPlay. To arrange your CarPlay apps, conduct the following steps.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General then tap CarPlay.
- Use the add button to add apps.
- Use the delete button to remove apps.
- Tap and drag an app to change the order it appears in.
How To Connect iPhone To The Car’s Bluetooth
You may want to connect the device via Bluetooth for car music and the like. If you want to connect your iPhone to the car via Bluetooth, it’s best to check the car manual first. In most instances, you will be required to set up your iPhone on the car display. Also, before pairing your iPhone to a car, ensure the stereo is utilizing the latest firmware from the car manufacturer.
Here’s how to connect iPhone to car Bluetooth:
- Restart the device.
- Turn off Bluetooth (Settings > Bluetooth), and turn it back on after 5 minutes.
- In case you’ve connected multiple devices to the car stereo, it’s best to rename your device. Go to Settings → General → About → Name, and then type a new name. Then try connecting to your car’s Bluetooth again.
In case your iPhone won’t connect to the car’s Bluetooth or you’re having technical difficulties connecting an iPhone to car Bluetooth, try doing the following.
- If you’ve previously connected your iPhone to the car’s Bluetooth, try to unpair the accessory and put it back in discovery mode. Then try to connect via Bluetooth again.
- If you can pair other devices, try to unpair those devices first before trying to pair your iPhone again.
- Before you connect an iPhone to car Bluetooth, check whether your accessory supports your iPhone.
In case you’re still unable to pair your iPhone or connect an iPhone to car Bluetooth, contact Apple Support.
How To Connect iPhone Utilizing A USB
Is it possible to pair my phone to my car via USB? Well, of course. In fact, this is probably the easiest means to hook up an iPhone to a car stereo.
Here’s how to pair your iPhone to a car or connect your iPhone to the car via USB playback.
- Start the car.
- Restart the device and ensure it’s unlocked and is on the Home screen.
- Check the charging port for any debris or damage and ensure the cable is properly inserted into the port.
- Update the device. Also, ensure the stereo utilizes the latest firmware from the manufacturer.
In case you can’t play audio from a third-party app, contact the app developer; in case you can’t do so from an Apple app, contact Apple Support.
Reasons To Connect An iPhone To Your Car
Driving to school or work can be quite stressful especially if one gets caught in a traffic jam or when they have unfinished tasks due for the day. Going on a long drive can be really exciting but could get quite boring especially if you’re driving alone or when those with you have fallen asleep. In these instances, connecting your iPhone to the car could come to the rescue. Hence, we understand why several users are looking for efficient ways on how do I connect my iPhone to my car?
More than just having great music while driving, there could be varying reasons why one might want to connect an iPhone to car Bluetooth or sync iPhone to car. Connecting your iPhone to the car can also be for the following reasons.
Accomplish other tasks while driving by connecting your iPhone to your car, especially if you do so via CarPlay. Set appointments, send some messages, take notes for later, and more. So when you pair your iPhone to a car, it is certainly a convenient way to make your drive more productive.
One can’t tell when they’ll get an important call or text message. If this happens while driving, those few seconds of picking up your phone or reading a message might be all it takes for a road disaster to happen. Connecting your iPhone to the car will conveniently allow you to check messages and make and receive calls while still being able to keep your eyes on the road. Hence, opting to connect iPhone to old car stereo is more than just the aesthetics or trend but also for safety purposes.
Check out our other iPhone guides & tutorials!