The App Store is a safe venue for software developers to market their products and for users to choose apps, books, music, and more. The App Library is a secure space that stores all default and installed apps. In the same way there could be varying reasons why one would install a certain application, there are also different purposes for hiding those from the Home Screen, App Library, or App Store.
So, are there ways on how to access hidden apps on iPhone Home Screen? Are there workarounds on how to view hidden apps on iPhone folders or libraries? Yes – there are quite a few. After all, secret mobile applications are basically just hidden, and like any other stored away items, you can find hidden apps on iPhone. Read on and learn how to find hidden apps on iPhone in 2021.
What Are Hidden Apps on an iPhone?
iOS hidden applications, also known as secret apps, are mobile applications that don’t show within your device’s Home Screen, App Library, and in the App Store. Before we discuss how to find hidden apps on iPhone library or how to view hidden apps on iPhone screen, let’s first understand what these secret applications are.
There could be varying reasons why one might want to keep their built-in or installed mobile applications away from their default Home Screen or App Library. Here are some of those:
Some users hide apps from the App Library to keep them away from prying eyes or to ensure no third parties intentionally or unintentionally access them. For instance, a parent may hide age-inappropriate applications, knowing their minor child borrows the phone.
Others may keep their apps from the Home Screen for security purposes. Similar to privacy, one of the main goals is to keep the application away from prying eyes. For instance, online banking apps are kept private to make it difficult for predators to bypass access and/or exploit confidential and sensitive data.
Certain users are consciously aware they tend to overuse certain apps and voluntarily keep them hidden from the Home Screen or the App Store section. For example, someone with gambling habits would proactively hide online gaming applications to resist temptation. This could come in handy if you want to reduce the usage of the app but not uninstall the app.
Most Popular Ways to Find Hidden Apps on iPhone
How do I find hidden apps on my iPhone? How to find hidden apps on iPhone App Store? How to find secret apps on iPhone folders? How to see hidden apps on iPhone Home Screen? Are you one of the many iOS device users asking similar questions? Fret not, as there are a few ways to show hidden apps iPhone. In fact, the processes on how to find hidden apps on iPhones are straightforward.
In the same way there’s a myriad of ways to hide iPhone mobile applications, there are also several available options to unhide them.
One of the fastest ways on how to find hidden apps on iPhone is through the device’s quick search field. Note that this will only work if the app is not hidden from Siri & Search and the exact full name of the app must be typed in.
- Swipe down anywhere on the Home Screen.
- Wait until the search field appears on top.
- Type in the app’s name on the designated field.
- Select any prompt or recommendation if it’s the app you’re looking for; otherwise, click Search.
Another efficient way on how to find hidden apps on iPhone is through the help of Apple’s virtual assistant, Siri. It’s as easy as using the Search option.
- Use the Hey Siri voice command (if activated) or press and hold the side button to activate Siri.
- Say “Open [name of the app you’re looking for]”.
Restoring iPhone Backups
iCloud and iTunes backup would also be excellent options if you’re looking for ways on how to find hidden apps on iPhone. You have to be extra cautious with this method though as when you restore your iPhone to an older backup, all saved data after the said backup date will be erased.
- iCloud Backup
- Open iPhone then navigate to Erase All Content and Settings.
- Go to set up the iPhone.
- Navigate to the App & Data page.
- Tap on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Log into your iCloud account utilizing your active Apple ID and password.
- Choose from the available backup times.
- Confirm selection then type in your Apple credentials again to restore the hidden mobile applications you need.
- iTunes Backup
- Connect iPhone to computer then run iTunes
- Choose Summary from the left panel.
- Locate Manually Back Up and Restore under the Backups section.
- Click on Restore Backup then wait until the process is completed.
Since it’s usually where iPhone device applications are initially acquired from, the App Store is also an ideal place where to find hidden apps on iPhone. Note that you might have to re-download the app (using mobile data or via Wi-Fi) to add it back to your device.
- Launch the App Store.
- Tap on the Profile icon/photo or Account button located on top of the page.
- Tap on your device name or Apple ID. If prompted, input your credentials and/or passcodes.
- Tap on Hidden Purchases.
- Browse through the list and select the application you’re looking for.
iPhone folders are mainly utilized to organize default and third-party applications. Since there’s no limit to the number of mobile applications users can store, some use folders to hide certain mobile applications. Here’s how to open hidden apps on iPhone using App Folders.
- Swipe through the screen to locate the specific app folder you need. If you are unsure which one and there’s several folders on the iOS device, open them one by one. If the folders are named, you could utilize them for faster browsing. For instance, if you’re looking for a private messaging app, you might want to look into the Messages or Social folder.
- Upon opening the folder, you’ll see a list of all stored applications within it. Be mindful of the page indicator (buttons) at the bottom of the folder.
- Each button would mean one page. So, if there are multiple buttons showing, be sure to swipe left to check through everything.
Resetting Home Screen Layout
One of the best ways to accurately restore hidden iPhone applications is to reset the overall Home Screen layout. Note that by doing so, you’ll be getting rid of all created folders and will need to re-organize from scratch.
- Launch the iOS device’s Settings page.
- Select the General option.
- Tap on the Reset button.
- Choose Reset Home Screen Layout.
Make sure to check out our Ultimate iPhone Guide!