If you love the iPhone, you NEED to know about their latest iOS 14 update. They addressed and corrected many security flaws found with the previous iOS update. However, even with these updates, iPhones can still be accessed by people using an iPhone spy app. A popular spy app many people use is Highster Mobile Read our review of this product.
So, let’s discuss what the security update includes and what iPhone spy apps are.
iOS 14 Update
Apple greatly upgraded its security features with iOS 14. These new features include:
- View the privacy of an app in the App Store prior to downloading it. This helps prevent your data from being collected and sold to third-parties without your knowledge.
- App Store developers must gain the iPhone device owner’s permission before tracking them. Permissions can be checked in the iPhone settings.
- Phone owner’s can choose to share their approximate GPS location instead of precise location.
- New indicator light when app is using your phone camera or microphone.
- Receive a notification when you any of your stored Apple passwords were involved in a data breach.
- For Wi-Fi privacy, you can get a new MAC address every time your iPhone connects to a network.
- Receive a Safari browsing report regarding how blocking specific cross-site tracking cookies has affected you.
For more information on the major highlights of the latest iOS update, watch the video below:
Prior to the iOS 14 update, the last major security update was with iOS 12.3. This update had a total of 23 security updates including:
- Kernel: An application causing unexpected system termination or write/read kernel memory.
- Lock Screen: A person with physical access to an iOS device being able to see the email address used for an iTunes account.
- Mail Message Framework: A remote attacker could cause arbitrary code execution.
- MobileLockdown: A malicious app gaining access to root privileges.
- WebKit: Malicious website content that’s processed could disclose process memory.
- Wi-Fi: A device could be tracked using its WiFi MAC Address.
Bottom Line: All cell phone users need to realize that their phone is ALWAYS vulnerable. It could be through emails, social media accounts, Wi-Fi, etc. Not to mention how anyone can spy on your phone using an iPhone spy app!
iPhone Spy Apps: What Are They?
Spy apps are software that can monitor most activities on a person’s iPhone. The monitoring features include viewing:
- iMessages, text messages, and private messages
- Phone call log
- Incoming and outgoing emails
- Safari browsing history
- Social media activities on Facebook and Instagram
- Real-time iPhone GPS location
- Photos and videos stored on the iPhone
For iPhone spy software specifically, there are No-Jailbreak versions that allow users to remotely monitor someone’s iPhone with just their Apple ID and password. This means that a person doesn’t need your physical phone to spy on you. The iPhone spy app user receives notifications on their account panel, which can be accessed on their cell phone, tablet, or computer.
Along with this, this type of software can work on the least iOS versions, and iPhone and iPad models. This includes the iPhone 5 – 11, iPads (all), and iOS 7 – 14. So, even if you just updated your iPhone, you are not out of reach from iPhone spies.
The downside for the person being targeted by this app type is if the app user installed the cell phone monitoring software properly, you wouldn’t know it’s on your iPhone. You can try to find evidence, but you probably won’t find any. This technology is created to be stealthy and undetectable by the target device owner.
So, with online criminals and people taking advantage of iPhone spy apps and security flaws, make sure to update your iPhone. Do a regular check of your phone to make sure there aren’t any weird apps or programs on it.
To protect yourself further, learn how someone could spy on your cell phone.