EDITORS NOTE: This review was updated on April 18, 2019 to reflect the newest features for the newly released PhoneSpector Version 7.
THE GOOD – Undetectable. No access or possession needed. Surprisingly fast and easy to download and install taking less than 45 seconds to start getting data. Undetectable on the target phone. Was able to quickly get all texts (deleted texts as well), calls and GPS location with great accuracy. Core strength is capturing messages from Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp and others with remarkable accuracy. Works on all Androids and iPhones. No rooting necessary for Androids.
THE BAD – iPhone Viber messages cannot be recovered.
THE BOTTOM LINE – Perfect for those who don’t know much about cell phones and need to get info fast and easy. You’ll be able to view all phone data, and your money won’t be wasted!
What Is PhoneSpector?
PhoneSpector is an Android and iPhone cell phone monitoring app that will automatically and remotely gather information from any cell phone and upload it to your secure and private online PhoneSpector account. All you have to do is log in to your account from any internet-enabled device, and you will be able to see texts, calls, GPS location, Facebook messages, photos, videos, and a lot more!
Designed for both iPhones and Android devices, the PhoneSpector spy app lets you access virtually all information from any cell phone. With this in mind, PhoneSpector is considered one of the best cell phone spy apps of 2019.
Our Results and Opinion
The following tests were performed on the these devices:
Android: Samsung Galaxy S9 (OS9), Samsung Galaxy S10 (OS9), Google Pixel (OS9)
iPhone: iPhone X (iOS 12.2), iPhone XR (iOS 12.1), iPhone 8 (iOS 11)
The people at PhoneSpector sent us a copy of the app for us to “play with” and after extensive testing we must admit that it is among the best we have seen.
Overall, the app performed very well. It was very easy to download and install while requiring minimal user input. I think we had to tap three buttons to send it to the monitored device and activate it. After that it was smooth sailing and no further input was needed on our part as PhoneSpector worked its magic and swiftly captured and sent all those morsels of information we so eagerly wanted to see to our cell phones (you can view this info from any internet enabled device. We chose to use our cell phones). PhoneSpector did not drain the phones battery, nor did it crash once, or cause our device to freeze up at all. If we didn’t put it on the phone ourselves, we would not have known it was there.
PhoneSpector’s true strength lies in its ability to capture messages from social media platforms such as, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat and Twitter. It also performed flawlessly in capturing and recording text messages from both Android devices and iPhones. Every message we sent or received was uploaded to or account allowing us to read it the same as we did on our phone. There were no lost messages and there was no loss of content.
As a more demanding test, we entered a few texts and deleted them right after entry. Amazingly, PhoneSpector was able to capture them and upload them as well. This was the case for both Android and iPhone devices that we tested.
The call recording feature is also quite useful and allows you to listen to both sides of a conversation that is recorded. A full copy of the recording is uploaded to your secure online account and can be listened to on your mobile device or computer. The file can also be downloaded for secure storage.
Added to PhoneSpector Version 7 (Released April 16, 2019)
- Instagram and Facebook – Previous versions only retrieved small snippets of both incoming and outgoing messages. The new version allows you to see the entire message, both incoming or outgoing, that was sent or received from the monitored phone.
- Snapchat – Older versions of PhoneSpector did not support the collection of Snapchat messages at all. The newest version 7 captures all Snapchat postings.
- Keylogger – The newly released keylogger logs every keystroke that takes place on the monitored device. With it, you can capture messages, passwords and much more.
- Enhanced GPS tracking – PhoneSpector always had a very good GPS tracking system, however, they managed to make it a little bit better. In most cases the location of the device can be determined to within just a few feet.
- Faster and easier installation – Download and installation of an upgraded to better deal with the latest releases of the android OS and the iPhone iOS. Several security upgrades have taken place on the latest phones, but PhoneSpecter deals with them rather easily.
How To Spy On An iPhone
The set-up is fast and simple. All you need is the Apple ID and password of the iPhone or iPad you wish to monitor. WAIT! What if you don’t have it or know it? No problem… PhoneSpector has a solution to get it with every purchase of an iPhone spy app.
The installation and set up goes like this:
- Step 1 – Enter the Apple ID and password of the iPhone you want to monitor.
- Step 2 – Within your account Dashboard, click on the ACCESS INFORMATION button.
- Step 3 – Data from the phones iCloud account will begin to download into your PhoneSpector online account where it can be viewed.
Worried about the latest iPhone security features like Face ID and USB Restricted Mode? Well, don’t worry! PhoneSpector allows you to remotely access an iPhone without needing physical access to it.
What You Will Get From iPhone
- iMessages – The complete contents of all sent and received iMessages are viewable in your dashboard. You will see who the message is from or who the message is sent to along with the date and time stamp of each sent and received message.
- Text messages – Complete contents of all sent and received text messages are downloaded. You will see who the message is from or who the message is sent to along with the date and time stamp of each sent and received message.
- Social Media – All posts and messages sent on Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and WhatsApp.
- Keylogger – Captures all usernames and passwords that are entered. Captures and records all keystrokes and content form all apps used on monitored device.
- Calls – A comprehensive report of all calls that were made and received on the monitored device. All entries has a date stamp and duration of call.
- GPS Location – The app collects and records all current and past locations of the iPhone to within a few feet of its actual location.
- WhatsApp – Monitor and see all conversation taking place within WhatsApp.
- Browser History – See all websites visited and viewed.
- Installed Applications – See all installed and running apps on the target device.
- Supported Apple Devices: Phonespector works on all iPhones and iPads
- Supported iOS: All iOS versions are supported by Phonespector
- Supported Carriers: All cell phone carriers are supported in all countries, including Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T.
The Phonespector iPhone support team was very helpful. We didn’t have any issues, but we did call just to “pepper” them with some questions. 24/7 telephone support is a BIG PLUS!
How to Spy on an Android
PhoneSpector’s installation is about as quick and easy as it can possibly get. The download does all the work for you. It is truly amazing! It goes like this;
- Step 1. Use the Over-the-air link to download the app.
- Step 2. Activate the app using the license key they send you.
- Step 3. Sign in to your online account from your cell phone, tablet, or laptop to view data anywhere, anytime!
The entire process took us around 45 seconds to complete. Data begins uploading immediately to an online account. To access your online account you enter the username and password that is emailed to you right after your purchase is made.
- Text messages & SMS messages – See an exact copy of the text message that was sent or received from the monitored device. Deleted texts can be retrieved as well. Each copy of the text(s) will show the date and time it was sent or receive and the recipient or sender.
- WhatsApp – Monitor and see all conversations taking place within WhatsApp. Will capture photos in messages also.
- Keylogger – Captures all usernames and passwords that are entered on the device. Captures and records all keystrokes and content form all apps used on monitored device.
- Calls: The dashboard records incoming and outgoing calls, and logs history. As well as the date, time, and duration of the call.
- GPS location – The GPS tracking system of PhoneSpector tracks the phone to within a few feet of its actual location. The location of the phone will displayed on a Google Map within your secure online account. GPS location coordinates are updated every 10 minutes.
- Photos – All photos, new, deleted, and old, will be displayed for you. As with all other information gathered by PhoneSpector, you will be able to see all photos on your computer and other devices.
- Videos – Videos recorded on the target phone are available to view in your online dashboard.
- Calendar Events –Previous, old, and new events saved on the phone’s calendar will be recovered and downloaded to the online control panel.
- Social Media Access – Facebook Instant Messenger conversations between participants. You can also view direct messages on Twitter, Instagram, WeChat, WhatsApp.
- PhoneSpector Dashboard: The dashboard is an easy-to-use online overview of all data collected from the phone. The menu on the left provides quick and easy navigation.
- Browser History – See a list of all websites visited and searches performed. Click on any web address to see the actual website visited.
- Email – See all sent and received messages.
- Contacts – A complete list of all contacts in the monitored phone.
- Installed Applications – See all installed and running apps on the target device.
- Supported Android Devices: Samsung, Motorola, Google, LG, HTC, Huawei, and all other Android smartphones.
- Supported OS: Android 3 (Honeycomb) – Android 9 (Pie)
- Supported Carriers: All cell phone carriers are supported in all countries.
Very good customer support. we submitted tickets which were answered very quickly and we also called their 800 number. It was nice to see that they has US based operators who knew what they were talking about and were vert helpful. Their 24/7 telephone support is a true value and comes free with every purchase of their app.
Why Choose PhoneSpector In 2019?
As you heard from my story, if I had used PhoneSpector, my memorable photos and videos would have safely been backed up. I can tell you firsthand that it’s completely devastating when you realize that you’ve lost memories you can never capture again. That’s why I no longer take chances with my phone. There are plenty of similar apps on the market today, but I think PhoneSpector is the best one to back up your phone information.
It’s simple to use, reasonably priced, has great advanced features, and comes with amazing customer service. It has no monthly fees — the app only has a low one-time cost of $69.99. I was also able to use it on my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (running on Android 9), and it worked perfectly! After PhoneSpector is set-up, you’ll have peace of mind that all of your information is safe.
To learn more about the best cell phone spy app of 2019, visit their website: https://phonespector.com/