Just like cyber bullying, text bullying is rather new but is very common nowadays, which is why free remote text message spying is already considered a necessity. Apparently, bullies are not anymore limited to physical and verbal abuses. They are now using modern technology to cause harm to other people.
Text bullying has already become a serious problem among teens and adolescents. This isn’t something parents can take for granted because it can have devastating effects on young people. Parents should also be aware of the important role they play in protecting their teens not just from being bullied, but also from becoming a bully. This is one of the many reasons why using a phone tracker is beneficial.
How Does Text Bullying Happen?
Text bullying is when a person sends mean, hurtful, or embarrassing text messages about or to someone through their cell phones. This form of bullying may also include sexting, which involves sending of sexually suggestive and offensive messages or images to or about someone.
Undesirable Effects of Text Bullying
There are a couple of things that make text bullying much worse that the typical form of bullying. They are as follows:
- Text bullying can be done 24/7 from anywhere. Even when your child is at home, he or she may still be bullied through his or her cell phone. Good thing an sms tracker enables you to monitor cell phones 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as well.
- Text bullies tend to be a lot meaner because they cannot be seen by their victims.
- Victims of text bullying often have no clue as to who is sending them the humiliating messages, which makes it even more frightening.
- Those who receive mean text messages are likely to reply with mean messages as well. As a result, the victim becomes a bully as well.
- Sexting and child pornography are against the law.
What Parents Can Do
Upon learning that your child is possibly engaged in text bullying, or is perhaps being bullied, your instant reaction could be to take away your child’s cell phone. You might think that this will end the problem. Although it will help if your child no longer has access to a mobile phone, we can’t deny that it is also necessary for your child to have one.
Instead of depriving your child of a mobile phone, it’s a better idea to monitor his or her device using a cell phone tracker like Highster Mobile. All you need to do is install the software on the device, and you can start getting reports of all the messages being sent to and from the mobile phone. You will also know who your child is sending text messages to, and who he or she is receiving text messages from.