Do you sometimes find yourself asking the following questions; is it possible to do a scammer phone number lookup? Is this number a scammer? Is this number safe? How do I identify a malicious caller? How do I find scammer numbers? If so, you’re one of the many phone users who frequently receive scam calls.
Blocking these numbers could be an effective short-term solution. However, they can just keep using new or different numbers instead. While phone number blocking may help, it would still be better to identify and address the root cause. To do so, start by running a reverse phone number lookup or a spam call lookup.
It’s Possible To Lookup A Scam Number!
Technology has been rapidly innovating and advancing over the years. Transactions and tasks can be accomplished virtually, sparing people the usual troubles and hassles. Thanks to these technological advancements, even less tech-savvy people can easily start a scam or spam phone numbers lookup. Anyone with an internet-enabled device and an active internet connection can successfully do so – no special tech skills required.
When you start a scam phone numbers search, you could easily identify if the phone number is owned by a scammer or malicious person. Just a few minutes after submitting your request to check a scammer phone number, you’ll receive an extensive and comprehensible report. The search results typically contain:
- First and last name, including known/recorded aliases.
- Current and previous home addresses.
- Phone number details like network carrier, previous owners, and duration of ownership.
- Other available contact information (mobile-phone numbers, telephone numbers, fax numbers, email addresses).
- Known or recorded family members – from immediate to distant relatives.
- Educational background including names and addresses of schools attended, courses taken, and years of study.
- Employment background including names and addresses of companies/employers, job titles/positions, work responsibilities, and years of work.
- Criminal history reports including arrest, incarceration, and conviction records with any law enforcement agency.
Identifying Markers Of A Scam Caller
Various third-party apps/sites maintain their own scam phone number databases containing up-to-date information from reliable sources. Free search engines like Google Search and paid reverse phone lookup services like Kiwi Searches could aid in avoiding possible dangers or further damages.
So, how would you know when to run a scammer phone number lookup or initiate a scam number search? Here are some red flags to watch out for.
- Area CodesYour first indicator to run a scam number search is from the phone number itself. Be wary when you receive calls from unsaved or unregistered numbers, especially if the caller IDs contain these area codes – 404, 313, 242, 506, 809, 484, 954, or 829. Even if the call is from the same area code as yours, be cautious as scammers also utilize neighboring spoofed calls to lure victims.
- Exaggerated UrgencyIf you’re unsure who the caller is, you could still pick up the phone, but be sure to proceed with extreme caution. If you’re being asked to make an urgent decision (like wire money), immediately end the call and initiate a spam number lookup for confirmation.
- Too Good To Be True OffersNot all unregistered or restricted calls are from scammers. Some may be cold calls from telemarketers with no malicious intentions other than to sell you something. Regardless, if your unknown caller starts offering stuff that sounds too good, end the call.
- Out Of The Blue PrizesReceiving a random call from someone claiming you’ve won a contest or giveaway can be exciting. However, be sure to think back if you’ve entered any recently. Some may claim it was from a random or anonymous draw, but 99% percent of those aren’t real.
- Unexpected Special DealsSimilarly, if your unknown caller claims you’re a lucky winner of a special deal, be extra cautious. Some scammers utilize well-known brands or companies to lure in victims. Cross-reference the so-called special deal first before providing your personal information or agreeing to a transaction.
- Demands for Personal/Sensitive InformationScammers are often persistent. They will keep pushing their target’s buttons until they hit the right spot and they take the bait. One of the biggest warning signs is when an unknown caller asks you for sensitive information like your date of birth, social security number, or credit card information.
How To Do A Scammer Phone Number Lookup Online
Here are the quick and easy steps that will enable you to utilize the most efficient and reliable reverse phone number search engine, Kiwi Searches.
- Step 1: Write down or copy to your clipboard the scam number(s) you wish to look up.
- Step 2: Navigate to Kiwi Searches’ Reverse Phone Number Search page.
- Step 3: Type the phone number in the search box, including the area code.
- Step 4: Hit the Search button or the Magnifying Glass icon and let Kiwi Searches’ algorithms conduct the search.
- Step 5: Once you’ve paid a small trial fee, check your inbox a few minutes after initiating the search.
- Step 6: Thoroughly look through the reports received and learn more about the phone number’s owner.
The Best Tools For A Scammer Phone Number Lookup
It’s easy to perform a scam number check anytime and anywhere, thanks to the various phone number scam lookup sites/apps. Free or paid, these services enable users to efficiently check phone numbers for spam/scams.
Our digital experts here at safeguarde.com, have reviewed each service to determine the best search engines. Taking into consideration various factors, here are three of the best sites to trust.
Kiwi Searches is one of the best scammer phone number lookup sites we’ve encountered. Aside from phone numbers, people can acquire valuable information utilizing a person’s name as well. This easy-to-use directory contains valuable info about people, phone numbers, and locations.
Kiwi Searches acquires data from various reliable sources, including public record custodians, library archives, local government agencies, and more. They’re constantly collecting data to ensure the reports are accurate and up-to-date. They then store the gathered details in a safe and secure database.
Kiwi Searches utilizes cutting-edge technologies to provide a smooth and reliable service. Their algorithms are programmed in a way that enables anyone to acquire high-quality reports in just a few minutes. These efforts are meant to provide the general public easy access to important information which could be otherwise difficult to obtain. All services and features offered are aligned with their values, concerning safety, security, transparency, and awareness.
If you’re looking for ease, speed, reliability, accuracy, and affordability, then Kiwi Searches is the best option. Though their services are paid, the quality and convenience that come with these features provide great value for your money.
TruthFinder is one of the well-known free sites that offer reverse phone number services. Like Kiwi Searches, it maintains a massive database, containing various information about a person. Since most information they store is public records, they’re offering their services to the general public free of charge. Anyone who has access to the internet can run a search anytime and anywhere.
TruthFinder enables its users to acquire information by simply typing in the target person’s cell phone number. Aside from the owner’s name, every search will return any data related to the person, including other related phone numbers, email addresses, criminal records, and more. The service is useful especially for those who’ve met someone on an online dating site or someone who’s tracking down a long-lost relative.
Aside from detailed background reports, public records, and criminal history, TruthFinder also offers efficient self-monitoring tools. It also enables users to request their information be permanently removed from their site. However, the main downside to utilizing a free service like this is the data could be inaccurate or outdated.
NumLookup is another household name when it comes to reverse phone number searches. It’s completely free, with no credit card information or registration needed. Most users choose this reverse lookup service for cell phones, VoIP, and landlines.
NumLookup has a direct partnership with major telephone and mobile companies across the globe. It’s like the digital version of White Pages, containing over 600 million phone numbers and full names. They also use military-grade security protocols to ensure the data they acquire is stored in a safe and secure database.
Once you’ve entered the phone number, the service will automatically search through their databases or make real-time API calls with AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, and other providers. Additionally, NumLookup encrypts data, making information only available to your device and their servers.
So, that’s how a scammer phone number lookup works. Thanks to phone number search engines like Kiwi Searches, TruthFinder, and NumLookup, anyone can access valuable information anytime. Keep in mind, however, that although data has been made easily accessible, be sure to utilize it responsibly. Never utilize the data gathered to intentionally discriminate, discredit, or harm someone.